Used SEAT Tail Lights
All used SEAT Tail Lights listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for SEAT are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Tail Lights
Part of the car's lighting setup, the SEAT rear tail light, is an important safety feature of the car enabling other road users to clearly see the vehicle from the rear.
The rear tail light is an external light that fixes to the outside of the car at the rear and is contained in either a metal or plastic housing. The tail lights can be in the same housing as other lighting such as the indicator lights, brake lights, parking lights, reverse lights and hazard lights, forming one single tail light with several functions. When indicating to go left, the indicator or signal light bulbs flash to indicate to other road users that the driver intends to turn left. The indicator light is also used by drivers in emergency situations to alert other road users that there is a potential hazard. Brake lights illuminate when the driver applies pressure to the brakes to let other road users know that the car is slowing down or stopping. Reverse lights illuminate when the driver puts the car into reverse, indicating to other road users that the car is reversing. Parking lights and hazard lights are used when the car is pulled up on the roadside, to alert other road users to the fact that there is a parked car. On some cars the tail light is a separate unit, however, often clustered together with the other rear vehicle lights. The tail light is wired up to come on when the front side lights are on and emits a red light which is designed to be duller than the brake light, so that the brake light is distinguishable from the tail light.
Unfortunately, because of their positioning on the vehicle and fragile bulbs, the SEAT rear tail light is prone to being smashed and cracked, particularly in a crash but also as a result of stones and debris flying up from the road or badly maneuvered reversing.
When replacing the rear tail light, it is important that you purchase a tail light intended for the car. Rear tail lights come in many different sizes and styles. Purchasing a new SEAT tail light will ensure you get a quality part that fits the make and model of your car.
- The first production car for SEAT was the 1400 Saloon. It was a success even before it started rolling out, with 10,000 pre-orders. At the time, it cost over 121,000 pesetas, which is around £35k today. The facilities that SEAT had back then could only make five cars a day.
- Colombian singer Shakira had a customised SEAT in 2007. She eventually sold the car, which was essentially just a Leon Cupra with a modified body, and gave the proceeds to charity.
- 2019 was the best year of sales for SEAT when it sold an impressive 574,100 cars.
- The SEAT Ibiza was designed by the same man who designed the Mark 1 VW Golf, the Lotus Esprit, and the DeLorean DMC-12. Giorgetto Giugiaro is well worth a Google.
- SEAT is the only car company that designs, develops, and manufactures cars in Spain.