Used Skoda Alternators
All used Skoda Alternators listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Skoda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
Skoda alternators work in conjunction with the battery to produce power for the electrical parts of the car. Skoda alternators function by turning the mechanical action of the car’s turning drive shaft into electricity. They do this through the use of rapidly-spinning magnets. This magnetic field in turn produces an electrical current, which is used to power the car electrics. The Skoda alternator is also essential for re-charging the car battery, ready to provide the spark necessary to start the car next time.
Alternators are generally quite small in size (a similar size to a roll of toilet paper) don't weigh much and are usually located at the front of the engine.
Usually most modern Skoda alternators are maintenance-free and may have a lifespan of a decade or more. Eventually, however, these rapidly-moving car parts start to wear out, made worse over time by dirt and extremes of heat and cold. At best you might experience lights that dim sometimes, or warning lights temporarily flashing on your dashboard. More seriously, a battery that is not being fully charged during motion may mean that your car is difficult to start, or that the ignition fails completely.
In some cases, such problems are put down to an older battery, but more often than not the real culprit is the alternator which is not successfully charging the battery. Check the voltage on your car which should be around 14 volts. Anything less than this and it is likely that the Skoda alternator is worn out and will need replacing.
- One of the most popular Skoda models, the Scala, is a translation of the word 'ladder'.
- Skoda started off in Czechoslovakia, but they are now owned by a German company, while their cars are actually built in Europe.
- The Skoda Kodiaq has some surprising features, many of which have been seen on later Skoda models. Some of the more 'out there' accessories include the ice scraper that is stored in the fuel cap and the umbrella that has its own dedicated space in the driver's door.
- The Skoda Octavia set a new World record for the farthest arrow fired and caught from a moving vehicle. The record stands at 188ft and 7.775 inches.
- Skoda is the 3rd oldest car manufacturer in the world. They sell an estimated one million cars every year.