Find parts for your car
Used Skoda Brake Cabless
All used Skoda Brake Cabless listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Skoda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Brake Cabless
The brake cable is the cable that connects the handbrake lever to the rear parking brake mechanism on the rear wheels.
Depending on the make and model and type of system, the operation of the handbrake may employ the disc brake or a separate drum brake system. Either way it is a set of inner and outer cables that run from the rear of the hand brake lever, which is commonly found between the driver's seat and the front passenger seat. The inner cable is of spun wire and the outer cable a reinforced plastic sleeve. The Skoda brake cables run under the car branching off to connect to the brake mechanism on backside of each rear wheel.
When the handbrake lever is pulled upwards, it pulls the inner cables and engages the rear brakes. Pulling the lever engages a ratchet lock which is released with a button on the end of the lever. The cable is adjustable at the lever end as the ends are threaded
In time the cable can become frayed and eventually snap. The cable can become stretched and become too long for adjustment and it can also become seized up between the inner and outer cables. Skoda brake cables is the ideal replacement part for the make and model of your vehicle.
- The team that designed the Lamborghini Miura and the Countach also designed the Skoda Favorit.
- In 2004, 1.8 million Skoda cars were registered in the Czech Republic. There are only 3.7 million cars in total that have been registered there, which means that almost half of all the cars available in the Czech Republic are Skodas. Every Skoda sold there is matched by a planted tree.
- Famous graffiti artist Armando Gomes once painted a Skoda with 125 different types of paint. This was done as part of a bespoke order for an anonymous buyer.
- Skoda started off in Czechoslovakia, but they are now owned by a German company, while their cars are actually built in Europe.
- Skoda won the RAC Rally with the 130LR Estelle 17 times in a row in!