Used Skoda Brake Master Cylinders
All used Skoda Brake Master Cylinders listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Skoda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Brake Master Cylinders
The Skoda brake master cylinder is a crucial part of the vehicle’s braking system. It is used to convert the mechanical force from the brake pedal into hydraulic pressure in order to stop the vehicle. The brake system is split into two circuits and the pressure in each circuit is controlled by the Skoda brake master cylinder.
The Skoda brake master cylinder consists of two reservoirs for brake fluid and two pistons, and is attached to the brake lines. When the driver depresses the brake pedal, this pushes on the first piston which causes pressure to build up in the Skoda brake master cylinder. As this pressure builds up it causes the second piston to compress the brake fluid. This pressure should be even in both cylinders. If it’s not, it is most likely caused by a leak. In the case of a leak, the Skoda brake master cylinder to operate using one piston. This will cause the driver to have to press the brake pedal down further and further until eventually the brakes will fail. Any damage to the Skoda brake master cylinder should be minimised and the master cylinder should be repaired immediately.
- Skoda model names are often very peculiar. They have taken seemingly random words from Latin and English. The Karoq model is named after an old Alutiiq word that means both 'car' and 'arrow'. Of course, the Skoda Yeti is named after the Nepalese version of Bigfoot.
- Skoda is the 3rd oldest car manufacturer in the world. They sell an estimated one million cars every year.
- The Skoda Octavia set a new World record for the farthest arrow fired and caught from a moving vehicle. The record stands at 188ft and 7.775 inches.
- Famous graffiti artist Armando Gomes once painted a Skoda with 125 different types of paint. This was done as part of a bespoke order for an anonymous buyer.
- The Skoda Kodiaq has some surprising features, many of which have been seen on later Skoda models. Some of the more 'out there' accessories include the ice scraper that is stored in the fuel cap and the umbrella that has its own dedicated space in the driver's door.