Find parts for your car
Used Skoda Central Locking Pumps
All used Skoda Central Locking Pumps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Skoda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Central Locking Pumps
The Skoda central locking pump is a vacuum pump that is located in the door behind the door trim, and is housed in a rubber housing to protect it. It is used to open and close the doors on a central locking system when the button on the key or fob is pressed. If a Skoda central locking pump fails, it will result in the loss of central locking to the door it controls. This means that the door will be unable to be locked and unlocked, creating a potential security issue.
A vacuum-powered central locking system is virtually defunct in modern vehicles now due to the creation of electrical central locking systems. However some older cars, particularly older Mercedes Benz cars will use this system.
Failure of a Skoda central locking pump will break the vacuum that is used to power the locking and unlocking mechanism, so the door will not open or close when the key button is pressed. It is possible that a failure of the central locking system is caused by a leak elsewhere in the vacuum, so it is important to check other components in the locking assembly to establish what has caused the failure
- The Skoda company was formed when one of the founders, Václav Laurin, got some bad customer service from a bicycle repair business.
- The team that designed the Lamborghini Miura and the Countach also designed the Skoda Favorit.
- The most expensive Skoda ever built was meant to be eaten, not driven! The £500,000 cake was a promotion for the Skoda Fabia, and the resulting advert was Skoda's most popular ever, winning several advertising awards. The cake weighed a tonne and a half and even had a replica engine that was 'oiled' with golden syrup.
- Skoda is in the Guinness Book of Records for the longest sponsorship of a sport. They have spent over 25 years as sponsors of the Hockey World Championships.
- Skoda won the RAC Rally with the 130LR Estelle 17 times in a row in!