Used Skoda Coil Pack Assemblys
All used Skoda Coil Pack Assemblys listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Skoda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Coil Pack Assemblys
The Skoda coil pack assembly is an essential part of the ignition of a vehicle. It consists of several coils in one fitting and is connected to a minimum of four engine cylinders. Each coils role is to transfer the power from the vehicles 12volt battery in to a much higher voltage of thousands of volts to create the spark in spark plugs. They are then told when to fire by an on-board computer. These coils have some form of resistor in them, which limits the amount of power transmitted to the coils from the 12volt battery. This resistor can be an internal or external resistor or consist of a resistor wire.
The downside of a Skoda coil pack assembly is that if one of the individual coils in the assembly goes, the whole pack needs to be replaced. Just one damaged coil can cause its adjoined engine cylinder to misfire. This may show on the dashboard as a ‘check engine’ light. Damage can be caused by worn spark plugs, which make the Skoda coil pack assembly work harder to compensate, or faulty wiring or components. Coil pack assemblies can also simply wear out through repeated use.
- Skoda started off in Czechoslovakia, but they are now owned by a German company, while their cars are actually built in Europe.
- Skoda is in the Guinness Book of Records for the longest sponsorship of a sport. They have spent over 25 years as sponsors of the Hockey World Championships.
- The most expensive Skoda ever built was meant to be eaten, not driven! The £500,000 cake was a promotion for the Skoda Fabia, and the resulting advert was Skoda's most popular ever, winning several advertising awards. The cake weighed a tonne and a half and even had a replica engine that was 'oiled' with golden syrup.
- One of the most popular Skoda models, the Scala, is a translation of the word 'ladder'.
- Skoda beat some big brands to be named the most dependable car brand in the UK in 2016. Suzuki came second, with Kia coming in third.