Used Skoda Cross Members
All used Skoda Cross Members listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Skoda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Cross Members
The Skoda cross member is a structural part of the car body which holds the engine and/or transmission in place.
The Skoda cross member is more often than not made of steel, and usually contained within a box that is bolted across the underside of the car, to the bottom of the chassis.
The Skoda cross member forms part of the bodywork of the car and therefore is built to be strong and solid and able to withstand the weight of the engine and/or transmission. Being a structural part, the Skoda cross member assists with the overall handling of the car and helps to keep the body panels solidly in place and in the correct position.
It is vital that the Skoda cross member is in sound condition and working properly as it is paramount to the structural safety of the car. Prone to rust caused by water from the road and damaged caused by debris from the road, over time the Skoda cross member will eventually need replacing. If damaged the Skoda cross member will need replacing with one that is compatible with the make and model of your vehicle.
- One of the most popular Skoda models, the Scala, is a translation of the word 'ladder'.
- The team that designed the Lamborghini Miura and the Countach also designed the Skoda Favorit.
- Skoda started off in Czechoslovakia, but they are now owned by a German company, while their cars are actually built in Europe.
- Skoda is the 3rd oldest car manufacturer in the world. They sell an estimated one million cars every year.
- The Skoda Octavia set a new World record for the farthest arrow fired and caught from a moving vehicle. The record stands at 188ft and 7.775 inches.