Used Skoda Door Check Strapss
All used Skoda Door Check Strapss listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Skoda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Check Strapss
The Skoda door check straps is the part that stops the door opening too far and too fast.
It allows the car door to stay open fully open as well as enabling a half way stopping point when you open the door, stopping the door from swinging open too far, which can damage the hinges, while also stopping the door from slamming shut.
Positioned directly beneath the top door hinge, the Skoda door check straps connects to the door, usually with pins or bolts, and is concealed in the A-post. The components that hold the check straps to the car body are inserted through a sheet which is welded, from the inside, to the car body.
If the securing bolts or pins are loose this can damage the door strap mechanism and cause the door to rock when it is opened or closed. The metal can wear if bolts are not secured properly and this can result in needing to replace the Skoda door check straps. Parts like this do, over the course of time, wear out, corrode and stop functioning properly. When looking to replace this part with one that is compatible with your car, buying a new Skoda door check straps is the ideal choice.
- One of the most popular Skoda models, the Scala, is a translation of the word 'ladder'.
- Skoda started off in Czechoslovakia, but they are now owned by a German company, while their cars are actually built in Europe.
- In 2004, 1.8 million Skoda cars were registered in the Czech Republic. There are only 3.7 million cars in total that have been registered there, which means that almost half of all the cars available in the Czech Republic are Skodas. Every Skoda sold there is matched by a planted tree.
- The Skoda company was formed when one of the founders, Václav Laurin, got some bad customer service from a bicycle repair business.
- Skoda is the 3rd oldest car manufacturer in the world. They sell an estimated one million cars every year.