Used Skoda ECU Transmission Control Units
All used Skoda ECU Transmission Control Units listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Skoda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About ECU Transmission Control Units
The Skoda ECU transmission control unit is an on-board computer which electronically controls the transmission of the vehicle. TCUs can be separate from, or in this case, attached to the ECU. The Skoda ECU Transmission Control unit contacts sensors that are placed around the vehicle to receive data in order to accurately calculate when to change gears and which gear to use as well as improve fuel economy and drive quality.
These sensors include the vehicle speed sensor, the wheel speed sensor, the throttle position sensor, the turbine speed sensor and the transmission fluid sensor. The TCU also uses data sent from the ECU. This controls and maintains the efficient running of the engine as well as scanning for any abnormalities in its function.
If a Skoda ECU transmission control unit begins to fail, you may notice a loss of power, error message or difficulty in changing gears. This problem can be intermittent at first, and can sometimes be rectified temporarily by turning off your car and turning it back on again after a short while. Ultimately though, any damage to a Skoda ECU transmission control unit will need to be repaired to correct the fault.
- One of the most popular Skoda models, the Scala, is a translation of the word 'ladder'.
- Skoda won the RAC Rally with the 130LR Estelle 17 times in a row in!
- Skoda started off in Czechoslovakia, but they are now owned by a German company, while their cars are actually built in Europe.
- The team that designed the Lamborghini Miura and the Countach also designed the Skoda Favorit.
- Skoda model names are often very peculiar. They have taken seemingly random words from Latin and English. The Karoq model is named after an old Alutiiq word that means both 'car' and 'arrow'. Of course, the Skoda Yeti is named after the Nepalese version of Bigfoot.