Used Skoda Fog Light Relays
All used Skoda Fog Light Relays listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Skoda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Fog Light Relays
The Skoda fog light relay is a remote electrically operated switch and is used in some vehicles wiring to minimise the voltage loss from the battery to the fog lights. In basic fog light wiring systems, the power will travel from the battery to the fog light switch and then to the fog light. When a model> fog light relay is fitted, the voltage foes from the battery to the relay and then directly to the fog light. Because the power has a shorter distance to go, the voltage loss is smaller meaning that the fog lights perform better and put out more light.
The fog light relay is also used to protect the switch from overheating from high amperage, and can offer more flexibility to your circuit. This can mean that you can operate the lights to only come on when other conditions are met such as only lighting when low beams are on.
Relays can fail because of oxidisation, or due to a faulty connection in the relay socket or overheating. If the Skoda fog light relay shows signs of failure your fog lights may become dim. This can eventually lead to fog light failure.
- The most expensive Skoda ever built was meant to be eaten, not driven! The £500,000 cake was a promotion for the Skoda Fabia, and the resulting advert was Skoda's most popular ever, winning several advertising awards. The cake weighed a tonne and a half and even had a replica engine that was 'oiled' with golden syrup.
- Skoda is in the Guinness Book of Records for the longest sponsorship of a sport. They have spent over 25 years as sponsors of the Hockey World Championships.
- Skoda beat some big brands to be named the most dependable car brand in the UK in 2016. Suzuki came second, with Kia coming in third.
- One of the most popular Skoda models, the Scala, is a translation of the word 'ladder'.
- Skoda won the RAC Rally with the 130LR Estelle 17 times in a row in!