Used Skoda Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
All used Skoda Gearboxes Transmission Automatic listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Skoda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
The job of the car's transmission system is to transmit the power made in the engine to the wheels of the car. An automatic transmission uses both a mechanical and a hydraulic system to change the gears in the car automatically.
The Skoda automatic transmission gearbox is attached to a torque converter which fixes directly to the engine of the car.
The Skoda automatic transmission gearbox comes into play when the driver applies or releases pressure on the accelerator, by automatically selecting and changing the gears for the driver. The Skoda automatic transmission gearbox selects the right gear for the speed the car is travelling at, adjusting the speed of the car accordingly, while ensuring the engine can function as efficiently as possible. This all enables the driver to concentrate on driving without needing to manually change the gears. Generally automatic transmissions have 4 gears consisting of drive, first gear, second gear, park, reverse and neutral. The Skoda automatic transmission gearbox tends to be less fuel efficient than a manual transmission gearbox but offers the driver a smooth ride and the ease of not having to change gears manually.
The Skoda automatic gearbox transmission, although built to last will eventually wear down due to damage caused by heat and friction. If, when driving the Skoda automatic transmission gearbox is not changing gears smoothly; slow at changing gear or will not shift into gear; changes gears sporadically; judders; or produces unusual noises and vibrations, it will need looking at by a professional and you may need to replace the Skoda automatic gearbox transmission.
- The Skoda Octavia set a new World record for the farthest arrow fired and caught from a moving vehicle. The record stands at 188ft and 7.775 inches.
- Skoda is in the Guinness Book of Records for the longest sponsorship of a sport. They have spent over 25 years as sponsors of the Hockey World Championships.
- One of the most popular Skoda models, the Scala, is a translation of the word 'ladder'.
- Skoda won the RAC Rally with the 130LR Estelle 17 times in a row in!
- Skoda model names are often very peculiar. They have taken seemingly random words from Latin and English. The Karoq model is named after an old Alutiiq word that means both 'car' and 'arrow'. Of course, the Skoda Yeti is named after the Nepalese version of Bigfoot.