Used Skoda Octavia Air Flow Mass Sensor
All used Skoda Octavia Air Flow Mass Sensor listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Skoda Octavia are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Air Flow Mass Sensor
The Octavia Skoda air flow mass sensor is an electronic air flow sensor, also referred to as an air flow mass meter, which measures air flow; the mass of air which is flowing through the car's engine, and is an important part of the Engine Control Unit (ECU). The Octavia Skoda air flow mass sensor has an important part to play in the performance, power and efficiency of the car's engine.
The Octavia Skoda air flow mass sensor is usually found in the plastic housing between the engine and the air filter. It is attached to the Octavia Skoda air hose at one end and the Octavia Skoda air filter box at the other.
The engine needs the correct amount of air and fuel flowing through it in order for the fuel to burn in the cylinders and for the engine to ignite or spark at the right time. If the ignition sparks at the wrong time, there will be less power in the engine and it will try to make up for this by using more fuel, significantly reducing fuel efficiency, which in turn increases the car's CO2 emissions. The Octavia Skoda air flow mass sensor works by measuring the air flow and sending these measurements to the car's ECU which, based on these measurements, will control the amount of fuel flowing into the engine at the point at which the ignition sparks.
The Octavia Skoda air flow mass sensor will, with continued use, wear out or stop working. When this happens, the performance of the engine is likely to be affected and engine emissions will be higher. A fault in the Octavia Skoda air flow mass sensor will cause the Check Engine light to show on the dashboard to indicate a problem with the Octavia Skoda air flow mass sensor. A broken air flow mass sensor can sometime prevent a car from idling properly (the ability for a car's engine to run whilst it is not moving) and may cause the engine to splutter and stall. If there is a fault in the Octavia Skoda air flow mass sensor a replacement Octavia Skoda air flow mass sensor should be purchased.
Skoda Octavia trivia
- All Skodas come with what the company calls 'Simply Clever' features. In the Skoda Octavia, you will find an ice scraper inside the fuel filler cap, a double-sided floor mat in the boot, and a rubbish bin on the inside door panel.
- The Skoda Octavia is Skoda's biggest selling model and has been a pivotal car in the brand's line since its 1996 debut.
- About 40% of all cars currently manufactured by Skoda are Octavias.
- The 1996 Skoda Octavia was in manufacture for just over 15 years and sold an estimated 1.4 million units!
- A 2.0-litre Skoda Octavia with a turbocharged engine set a land speed record on the Bonneville Flats in Utah in 2011. The car, which had been prepared specially by a British exporter, got to 226.8mph.