Used Skoda Octavia Door Check Straps
All used Skoda Octavia Door Check Straps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Skoda Octavia are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Check Straps
The Octavia Skoda door check straps is the part that stops the door opening too far and too fast.
It allows the car door to stay open fully open as well as enabling a half way stopping point when you open the door, stopping the door from swinging open too far, which can damage the hinges, while also stopping the door from slamming shut.
Positioned directly beneath the top door hinge, the Octavia Skoda door check straps connects to the door, usually with pins or bolts, and is concealed in the A-post. The components that hold the check straps to the car body are inserted through a sheet which is welded, from the inside, to the car body.
If the securing bolts or pins are loose this can damage the door strap mechanism and cause the door to rock when it is opened or closed. The metal can wear if bolts are not secured properly and this can result in needing to replace the Octavia Skoda door check straps. Parts like this do, over the course of time, wear out, corrode and stop functioning properly. When looking to replace this part with one that is compatible with your car, buying a new Octavia Skoda door check straps is the ideal choice.
Skoda Octavia trivia
- The Skoda Octavia is Skoda's biggest selling model and has been a pivotal car in the brand's line since its 1996 debut.
- Not only does the latest generation Skoda Octavia get from 0-60mph in just 8.2 seconds, but it also gets an impressive 65.7mpg.
- In 2019, there were 364,000 Skoda Octavias delivered to customers in 46 counties!
- About 40% of all cars currently manufactured by Skoda are Octavias.
- In Greece, the second generation was called the Octavia5, and in India, it was marketed as the Skoda Laura.