Used Skoda Octavia Screen Washer
All used Skoda Octavia Screen Washer listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Skoda Octavia are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Screen Washer
What is the screen washer/what does it do?
Windscreen washers are a simple but effective way of cleaning the windscreen enabling the driver to have a clear view front and rear. They are compulsory on any car with a fixed (i.e. non-opening) windscreen. A windscreen washer motor drives a pump which forces water from a reservoir through a series of tubes leading to the washer jets which squirt water onto the screen. This water combined with the wiper blades action effectively washes and cleans the windscreen.
Getting into the details of the screen washer
The screen washer reservoir is usually found in the front engine compartment. It is most commonly a moulded plastic bottle which will serve both front and rear screens. The motor and pump sit with the bottle and are activated by the driver with a lever on the steering column. The washer jets, usually two per screen, are situated externally and below the screen. These can be angled by the driver to maximise efficient washing of the screen.
Although clean water will effectively clean the screen there are many brands of screen wash available which, when added to the screen wash reservoir, will aid the cleaning process.
What if something goes wrong with the screen washer?
Common faults are failure of the motor/pump (water does not leave the reservoir), leaks in the plastic tubing that connects the reservoir to the washer jets, or the jets themselves being blocked and therefore unable to squirt water onto the windscreen.
Skoda Octavia trivia
- The Skoda Octavia has been awarded the coveted five-star rating from Euro NCAP, with the testing showing that the Octavia was better than the Ford Focus at protecting drivers and occupants.
- The Auto Trader New Car Awards in 2018 saw the Skoda Octavia beat the BMW 1-Series and the Peugeot 301 for Best New Car.
- In every Skoda Octavia, there are between four and five kilometres of cables, including the infotainment wiring.
- Not only does the latest generation Skoda Octavia get from 0-60mph in just 8.2 seconds, but it also gets an impressive 65.7mpg.
- The first-generation Skoda Octavia had a bit of a facelift in 2000. However, even after the second generation was introduced, that first generation was still being manufactured and sold around the world. First-gen models were marketed as the Skoda Octavia Tour.