Used Skoda Octavia Screen Washer Motor
All used Skoda Octavia Screen Washer Motor listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Skoda Octavia are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Screen Washer Motor
The screenwasher motor is an electrical mechanism that activates a pump which will cause screenwash to be fed to the screenwash jets situated just below the windscreen. In most cases the screenwash motor and pump are enclosed in one unit that is situated with the screenwash reservoir in the engine compartment. Occasionally the motor and pump are two separate units. The screenwash motor is activated by a stick-lever usually found on the steering column.
If the motor fails to operate this could be due to a blown fuse, a poor earth return or corrosion to the terminals, or the motor itself is faulty. If the motor needs replacing it is advisable to also fit a new non-return valve and filter in the reservoir. If the motor is operating properly but no screenwash appears from the screenwash jets it’s possible that there is a blockage or debris in the filter of the pump or in the jet nozzles. To check whether the pump is operating it’s normal to hear a whirring noise from the reservoir area when the stick-lever is pushed. This should mean both motor and pump are working correctly.
If replacing a broken motor with one that is not an exact replica it may be possible to bypass the old motor and fit the replacement with a new mounting.
Skoda Octavia trivia
- In every Skoda Octavia, there are between four and five kilometres of cables, including the infotainment wiring.
- Not only is the Skoda Octavia sold in 46 different countries around the world, but it's also manufactured at five other plants globally.
- The Skoda Octavia has been awarded the coveted five-star rating from Euro NCAP, with the testing showing that the Octavia was better than the Ford Focus at protecting drivers and occupants.
- The 1996 Skoda Octavia was in manufacture for just over 15 years and sold an estimated 1.4 million units!
- The boot on a Skoda Octavia has a huge 590 litres of space, and that's with the back seat in the upright position. Put the back seats down, and you have a stunning 1,740 litres of storage room.