Used Skoda Octavia Screen Washer Bottle Motor
All used Skoda Octavia Screen Washer Bottle Motor listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Skoda Octavia are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Screen Washer Bottle Motor
The Octavia Skoda screenwasher bottle or reservoir is a container, usually moulded plastic, which sits in the engine compartment and holds between 1-2 litres of screenwash. By activating the screenwash motor a pump will send screenwash from the bottle to the screenwash jets and from there onto the windscreen. The position of the screenwasher bottle in the engine compartment may vary so it may be useful to check the vehicle handbook. The Octavia Skoda bottle usually has a blue cap and should have a stamp on it showing a graphic of the windscreen wipers with drops of water underneath it. To fill the screenwasher bottle, remove the cap and pour a mixture of screenwash and clean water into the bottle with a jug and funnel until the upper limit is reached.
There is a variety of screenwash available to mix with water when filling the screenwasher bottle. Most Octavia Skoda will have anti-freeze in to stop the mixture freezing in cold weather and water-softener which will help to keep the plastic tubes and jets clean. All screenwash is specifically formulated to clear road grime, debris and insects from the windscreen.
If your Octavia Skoda screenwash doesn’t come out of the jets when the stick-lever is operated it can mean that the filter in the screenwasher pump is clogged with debris.
Skoda Octavia trivia
- In every Skoda Octavia, there are between four and five kilometres of cables, including the infotainment wiring.
- All Skodas come with what the company calls 'Simply Clever' features. In the Skoda Octavia, you will find an ice scraper inside the fuel filler cap, a double-sided floor mat in the boot, and a rubbish bin on the inside door panel.
- The Skoda Octavia is Skoda's biggest selling model and has been a pivotal car in the brand's line since its 1996 debut.
- About 40% of all cars currently manufactured by Skoda are Octavias.
- Although it was released in 1996, there was actually a Skoda Octavia in production between 1959 and 1971, although the 1996 model is completely new. So, despite the completely different cars, the Octavia has been called the 'heart of the Skoda brand".