Used Skoda Parcel Back Shelves
All used Skoda Parcel Back Shelves listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Skoda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Parcel Back Shelves
The Skoda back parcel shelf is a functional, removable shelf, providing an extra storage space in the car, while also serving to act as a cover to the boot space, hiding the contents from view.
The Skoda back parcel shelf is positioned inside the car, above the boot, behind the back seats.
The Skoda back parcel shelf is made of a rigid and durable plastic and covered with a material that is hard wearing and aesthetically pleasing, usually matching the rest of the car's interior furnishings. Often held in places by straps or pegs, the back parcel shelf can be removed when more boot space is required. It also functions as a cover for the boot space, hiding luggage and belongings from sight. Some back parcel shelves are retractable and can be pulled out when needed and pushed in when not. Others can be folded away, or work with a hinged mechanism.
The Skoda back parcel shelf, although hard wearing, will eventually need replacing due to general wear and tear. If broken, worn out or damaged, when replacing the Skoda back parcel shelf it's important to make sure it's compatible with the make and model of your car. Placing objects on a badly fitted parcel shelf can compromise the strength of the parcel shelf and could cause structural damage, as could using it to carry objects that are too heavy for it. It's important that the parcel shelf fits your car properly and is secured well, to avoid it flying up and potentially hitting passengers in the back and becoming a hazard by obstructing the driver's view.
- The Skoda company was formed when one of the founders, Václav Laurin, got some bad customer service from a bicycle repair business.
- The 2018 Skoda Kodiaq RS is a seven-seater that set a new speed record in the car that has yet to be beaten (the car was driven by Top Gear presenter Sabine Schmitz).
- Famous graffiti artist Armando Gomes once painted a Skoda with 125 different types of paint. This was done as part of a bespoke order for an anonymous buyer.
- The Skoda Kodiaq has some surprising features, many of which have been seen on later Skoda models. Some of the more 'out there' accessories include the ice scraper that is stored in the fuel cap and the umbrella that has its own dedicated space in the driver's door.
- Skoda beat some big brands to be named the most dependable car brand in the UK in 2016. Suzuki came second, with Kia coming in third.