Used Skoda Tail Lights
All used Skoda Tail Lights listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Skoda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Tail Lights
Part of the car's lighting setup, the Skoda rear tail light, is an important safety feature of the car enabling other road users to clearly see the vehicle from the rear.
The rear tail light is an external light that fixes to the outside of the car at the rear and is contained in either a metal or plastic housing. The tail lights can be in the same housing as other lighting such as the indicator lights, brake lights, parking lights, reverse lights and hazard lights, forming one single tail light with several functions. When indicating to go left, the indicator or signal light bulbs flash to indicate to other road users that the driver intends to turn left. The indicator light is also used by drivers in emergency situations to alert other road users that there is a potential hazard. Brake lights illuminate when the driver applies pressure to the brakes to let other road users know that the car is slowing down or stopping. Reverse lights illuminate when the driver puts the car into reverse, indicating to other road users that the car is reversing. Parking lights and hazard lights are used when the car is pulled up on the roadside, to alert other road users to the fact that there is a parked car. On some cars the tail light is a separate unit, however, often clustered together with the other rear vehicle lights. The tail light is wired up to come on when the front side lights are on and emits a red light which is designed to be duller than the brake light, so that the brake light is distinguishable from the tail light.
Unfortunately, because of their positioning on the vehicle and fragile bulbs, the Skoda rear tail light is prone to being smashed and cracked, particularly in a crash but also as a result of stones and debris flying up from the road or badly maneuvered reversing.
When replacing the rear tail light, it is important that you purchase a tail light intended for the car. Rear tail lights come in many different sizes and styles. Purchasing a new Skoda tail light will ensure you get a quality part that fits the make and model of your car.
- The Skoda Kodiaq has some surprising features, many of which have been seen on later Skoda models. Some of the more 'out there' accessories include the ice scraper that is stored in the fuel cap and the umbrella that has its own dedicated space in the driver's door.
- The Skoda company was formed when one of the founders, Václav Laurin, got some bad customer service from a bicycle repair business.
- The 2018 Skoda Kodiaq RS is a seven-seater that set a new speed record in the car that has yet to be beaten (the car was driven by Top Gear presenter Sabine Schmitz).
- The team that designed the Lamborghini Miura and the Countach also designed the Skoda Favorit.
- Famous graffiti artist Armando Gomes once painted a Skoda with 125 different types of paint. This was done as part of a bespoke order for an anonymous buyer.