Find parts for your car
Used Subaru ABS Pumps
All used Subaru ABS Pumps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Subaru are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About ABS Pumps
An integral part of the ABS system, the Subaru ABS pump is part of the hydraulic unit and works with the ABS Control Unit ECU and ABS modulator to regulate your car's braking system.
Fundamentally, the Subaru ABS pump is part of a vital process which ensures you are able to maintain control of steering, enabling you to brake safely and smoothly by regulating the air pressure in the wheel brakes. The Subaru pump plays its part in this process by pumping the pressure released from the brakes back up. When a wheel is likely to lock and skid, air pressure is adjusted in the brake chamber to stop this from happening and the Subaru ABS pump ensures this pressure is pumped back up again.
As with all parts over time, your Subaru ABS pump will end up wearing out. It is common for the pump motor to burn out with continued use and you will need to fit a new pump. If your Subaru ABS pump isn't working, the ABS warning light will show on the dashboard. The ABS system will automatically stop working if there is a fault with your Subaru ABS pump. Though you will be able to continue to use your brakes, you will not be assisted by ABS.
- In 2011, Subaru teamed with a Japanese animator group to make a cartoon called Hōkago no Pleiades, or "Wish Upon the Pleiades". The main character was a girl called Subaru.
- When it comes to Rally racing, Subaru is hard to beat. They have won as best manufacturer 47 times since 1973.
- The Edgar Wright film, Baby Driver, featured a Subaru WRX Sedan. Five of the cars were built for the film. One of the five was made with rear-wheel drive, something that Subaru has always avoided.
- Every Subaru model has won the Highway Safety Top Safety Pick Award in the US, while every other manufacturer only has one vehicle on the list.
- In 2014, the Subaru WRX got more speeding tickets in America than every other car. It currently ranks number 12 on the list.