Find parts for your car
Used Subaru Starter Motors
All used Subaru Starter Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Subaru are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Starter Motors
A car engine needs to be rotating at a significant speed in order for it to start. The Subaru starter motor is a powerful electric motor which provides the power to turn the engine. The Subaru starter motor works to provide enough power to get the car engine turning at the correct speed for it to start.
The starter motor is usually situated near the back of the engine, on the underside, where it can be bolted into position on the outer edge of the flywheel. The flywheel is a large cog, approximately 12" in diameter, which is connected to one end of the crankshaft, the main shaft inside the engine, which is turned by the movement of the pistons.
This powerful, electric motor is driven by the car's battery, and starts working when you turn the key in the ignition. It has a thick shaft with a small stubby sprung-loaded cog. When the ignition key is fully turned or starter button pressed, the power is transmitted via a solenoid switch to the motor. When the starter motor rotates, the sprung-loaded cog, due to its design, spirals out against its shaft spring and engages the cog of the flywheel. The starter motor then turns the flywheel, which rotates the engine via the crankshaft and the firing sequence is initiated and the engine starts. When the ignition key or button is released, the sprung-loaded cog on the starter motor disengages from the flywheel and pops back clear.
It is not uncommon for starter motors to malfunction. General wear and tear takes it toll on the Subaru starter motor and it will eventually need replacing. Symptoms of a faulty starter motor can include an engine which is really slow to turn over and no response at all or just a click or clunk from the starter motor when you turn the key in the ignition. It is advisable to have any problems looked at by a professional. When replacing the Subaru starter motor it should be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- One of the most important parts of any Subaru car is the boxer engine. This type of engine has been in every single Subaru for the last 45 years.
- Subaru will provide customers with a turbocharged version of their standard passenger vehicles. One of the most popular models to get this upgrade is the Impreza WRX.
- Subaru started offering All-Wheel Drive as standard in 1996.
- Subaru has won multiple awards for being the most trusted car brand and the brand with the best resale value.
- The Subaru company has been partnered with the ASPCA since 2008 and have donated millions to the animal charity. They are clearly animal lovers, and the Subaru Tribeca was once voted the best vehicle for travelling with pets. When you buy a Subaru from an official dealer, you get invited to return for a photo-shoot with your dog!