Used Subaru Transfer Boxs
All used Subaru Transfer Boxs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Subaru are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Transfer Boxs
The Subaru transfer box, as the name suggests, transfers power to the front prop shaft. This prop shaft is attached to the rear prop shaft with a differential connecting the two. The power that’s generated in the front prop shaft is transferred through the differential to the rear prop shaft.
The Subaru transfer box is part of the drivetrain on 4 x 4 and multi-axle vehicles and allows the driver to change between 4 x 4 and 2 x 2 wheel drive. It receives power from the transmission and uses either gears, hydraulics or in the case of some multi-axle vehicles, chain drive.
The Subaru transfer box is designed for both on-road and off-road driving. The Subaru transfer box can leak oil, which can be noticed either on the Subaru transfer box or from the handbrake drum, depending on the position of the leaking seal. This leaking of oil will cause a loss of power steering. Other signs of a failing transfer box include a whining noise when you accelerate and a tapping noise as you decelerate. These issues can be accompanied with, or separate to a loss of braking ability and a loss of gears.
- Subaru is owned by FujiHeavy Industries and is in partnership with the Toyota Motor Corporation.
- Subaru has won multiple awards for being the most trusted car brand and the brand with the best resale value.
- The Edgar Wright film, Baby Driver, featured a Subaru WRX Sedan. Five of the cars were built for the film. One of the five was made with rear-wheel drive, something that Subaru has always avoided.
- The Subaru company has been partnered with the ASPCA since 2008 and have donated millions to the animal charity. They are clearly animal lovers, and the Subaru Tribeca was once voted the best vehicle for travelling with pets. When you buy a Subaru from an official dealer, you get invited to return for a photo-shoot with your dog!
- In 2014, the Subaru WRX got more speeding tickets in America than every other car. It currently ranks number 12 on the list.