Find parts for your car
Used Subaru Wiper Motor Linkages
All used Subaru Wiper Motor Linkages listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Subaru are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Wiper Motor Linkages
Wipers are a standard safety feature in cars and can be positioned on both the front and rear windscreen of the car. Most cars have two wipers on the front windscreen, one on the driverside and one on the passengerside. Rear windscreens tend to have just one long wiper that sweeps across the whole of the windscreen. The wiper consists of a wiper arm and a wiper blade. The wiper blade is made from rubber and as the arm is powered to move across the windscreen, by an electric motor which is connected to the wiper linkage, the rubber blade moves the water and debris from the surface of the windscreen, clearing the screen to enable a clear vision of sight for the driver.
The Subaru wiper motor linkage is the mechanism responsible for the movement of the wiper arms. Driven by the wiper motor, the linkage is moved back and forth by cams. The motor and linkage mechanism is located beneath the bonnet, generally concealed by a plastic scuttle panel. The wiper arms are normally bolted or attached to the linkage on studs or splines that protrude through the scuttle panel.
The driver can decide at what speed the wipers move, usually from a choice of three speeds, depending on the weather conditions. The driver can operate the wipers by selecting the desired speed on the wiper switch stalk, which usually mounted on the steering column. This activates the wiper motor switch, which operates with a wiper motor relay. The driver needs to look through the front windscreen to see the road ahead, and through the back windscreen to see the traffic behind, so it is imperative that the windscreens are in perfect, clean condition and the wipers, with the help of the wiper motor linkage, function to ensure this is the case.
If the motor and linkage mechanism wear out, the wipers will not work and replacement parts should be fitted. If the wiper linkage mechanism has broken, replacing it with the Subaru wiper motor linkage will ensure you get a part which is compatible with the make and model of your vehicle.
- The Subaru company has been partnered with the ASPCA since 2008 and have donated millions to the animal charity. They are clearly animal lovers, and the Subaru Tribeca was once voted the best vehicle for travelling with pets. When you buy a Subaru from an official dealer, you get invited to return for a photo-shoot with your dog!
- Every Subaru model has won the Highway Safety Top Safety Pick Award in the US, while every other manufacturer only has one vehicle on the list.
- An estimated 96% of Subaru vehicles sold over the last decade are still being driven on the roads.
- In 2011, Subaru teamed with a Japanese animator group to make a cartoon called Hōkago no Pleiades, or "Wish Upon the Pleiades". The main character was a girl called Subaru.
- The very first Subaru was the 1500. It was built in 1954 and came with a 1.5-litre four-cylinder OHV engine.