Used Suzuki Starter Motors
All used Suzuki Starter Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Suzuki are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Starter Motors
A car engine needs to be rotating at a significant speed in order for it to start. The Suzuki starter motor is a powerful electric motor which provides the power to turn the engine. The Suzuki starter motor works to provide enough power to get the car engine turning at the correct speed for it to start.
The starter motor is usually situated near the back of the engine, on the underside, where it can be bolted into position on the outer edge of the flywheel. The flywheel is a large cog, approximately 12" in diameter, which is connected to one end of the crankshaft, the main shaft inside the engine, which is turned by the movement of the pistons.
This powerful, electric motor is driven by the car's battery, and starts working when you turn the key in the ignition. It has a thick shaft with a small stubby sprung-loaded cog. When the ignition key is fully turned or starter button pressed, the power is transmitted via a solenoid switch to the motor. When the starter motor rotates, the sprung-loaded cog, due to its design, spirals out against its shaft spring and engages the cog of the flywheel. The starter motor then turns the flywheel, which rotates the engine via the crankshaft and the firing sequence is initiated and the engine starts. When the ignition key or button is released, the sprung-loaded cog on the starter motor disengages from the flywheel and pops back clear.
It is not uncommon for starter motors to malfunction. General wear and tear takes it toll on the Suzuki starter motor and it will eventually need replacing. Symptoms of a faulty starter motor can include an engine which is really slow to turn over and no response at all or just a click or clunk from the starter motor when you turn the key in the ignition. It is advisable to have any problems looked at by a professional. When replacing the Suzuki starter motor it should be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- Suzuki builds just over 3 million cars a year, making it one of the largest car manufacturers in the world.
- Although they still make vehicles for the US army, Suzuki stopped selling civilian cars in America in 2012.
- Known for their motorbikes as much as their cars, Suzuki is the builder of the world's fastest bike, the Hayabusa. It has been clocked at over 186mph.
- Suzuki sells more cars in India than in any other country. They started selling there in 1981 after realising the huge potential market. They now have around 47% of the market share, with their closest competitors being Hyundai who have just 17%.
- Suzuki is the sponsors of the Milton Keynes Dons, the League One football team. Although that's not very prestigious, they do also sponsor the Italian Serie A team, Torino.