Used Toyota Air Filters
All used Toyota Air Filters listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Toyota are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Air Filters
The car’s air cleaner assembly works to provide the engine with a supply of clean, filtered air. Air needs to be as clean as possible before it mixes with the fuel and burns in the cylinders of the engine. The air cleaner assembly protects the engine, improving the performance of the engine, enabling it to work as efficiently as possible while increasing its useful, working life.
The air cleaner assembly has an air filter, often referred to as an air intake filter cartridge, which collects dust and other particles. The Toyota air filter is housed in a protective Toyota air filter box, which is fixed on to the air intake, enabling filtration at the point the air enters the air induction system. The air filter also helps to silence the car's engine as the sound is absorbed by the air filter.
The Toyota air filter has a maximum capacity and once dust collected reaches this capacity you will need to replace the Toyota air filter, if disposable, or get it serviced if it is a washable non-disposable variety. Under no circumstances should you clean and replace a disposable air filter cartridge; these should always be replaced.
If the Toyota air filter gets blocked due to an excess buildup of dust, dirt and oil, the air stream is restricted which stops the correct mixture of fuel and air needed for optimal combustion. A blocked air filter basically suffocates the engine. It is not a good idea to continue driving your car when the Toyota air filter is blocked; this can have serious implications for the heating and ventilation and air conditioning systems as well as causing potential damage to the engine. Dirt and other unwanted debris that enters the engine can seriously damage pistons, carburetor and cylinders as well as potentially causing damage to the Toyota air flow mass meter. A blocked air filter can also significantly reduce fuel efficiency. How regularly you need to replace or service the Toyota air filter will depend on factors such as how often you drive your car and the length of your car journeys. Climate, air quality and road conditions will also play a big part in how hard the Toyota air filter is having to work. If the engine is not performing as well, using more fuel or you have difficulty starting your car it could mean you have a clogged Toyota air filter and it will need replacing or servicing.
- That founder's name was Toyoda, but the name of the company was changed to Toyota because it took one less stroke to write in Japanese. Eight is a lucky number in Japan, and Toyota takes eight strokes to write, and so Toyota it is!
- Although Toyota started making its first cars in 1937, these were specifically produced to contribute to Japan's war effort. It wasn't until 1947 that they started producing cars for civilians.
- They might be one of the biggest and well-known brand names in the world, but Toyota is still very much a family business. Every CEO so far has been a descendant of the original founder.
- It's not exactly a secret, but surprisingly few people are aware that Toyota also makes a couple of other brand-name cars. That's because they own or partially own Lexus, Subaru, and Scion.
- The company is proud of the fact (and very vocal about it, rightly) that it spends $1million EVERY HOUR on research and development.