Used Toyota Alternators
All used Toyota Alternators listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Toyota are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
Toyota alternators work in conjunction with the battery to produce power for the electrical parts of the car. Toyota alternators function by turning the mechanical action of the car’s turning drive shaft into electricity. They do this through the use of rapidly-spinning magnets. This magnetic field in turn produces an electrical current, which is used to power the car electrics. The Toyota alternator is also essential for re-charging the car battery, ready to provide the spark necessary to start the car next time.
Alternators are generally quite small in size (a similar size to a roll of toilet paper) don't weigh much and are usually located at the front of the engine.
Usually most modern Toyota alternators are maintenance-free and may have a lifespan of a decade or more. Eventually, however, these rapidly-moving car parts start to wear out, made worse over time by dirt and extremes of heat and cold. At best you might experience lights that dim sometimes, or warning lights temporarily flashing on your dashboard. More seriously, a battery that is not being fully charged during motion may mean that your car is difficult to start, or that the ignition fails completely.
In some cases, such problems are put down to an older battery, but more often than not the real culprit is the alternator which is not successfully charging the battery. Check the voltage on your car which should be around 14 volts. Anything less than this and it is likely that the Toyota alternator is worn out and will need replacing.
- As well as their other records, Toyota is known to consistently break sales records as well. It's not just the Corolla either. They have been so successful some years that they outsold Honda and Nissan combined!
- As well as the best selling car of all time, Toyota is also responsible for the longest-running production on a car model ever. The Toyota model Land Cruiser started production in 1951, and as of 2019 has sold over 10 million units!
- World-famous magazine the MIT Technology Review repeatedly includes Toyota in its list of the world's 50 smartest companies.
- Toyota has thousands and thousands of patents, and in 2019 it gave away an incredible 23,740 patents that had been awarded over more than 20 years. Those patents were all focused on electric vehicle technology.
- The Toyota company got its start making automated looms in 1033. Founder Sakichi Toyoda even invented the automated loom and then sold them off to try and get into the car industry. There is still an arm of Toyota that is still in the textile industry!