Find parts for your car
Used Toyota Avensis Idle Speed Control Stepper Motor
All used Toyota Avensis Idle Speed Control Stepper Motor listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Toyota Avensis are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Idle Speed Control Stepper Motor
The Avensis Toyota idle speed control stepper motor is part of the idle control valve. An electronically controlled device, the Avensis Toyota idle control valve is often used in fuel injected engines, and works in conjunction with the car's ECU (Engine Control Unit) to control the idling of the engine. Idle control valves work by opening the throttle valves directly, regulating the air flow through the throttle body.
The idle speed control stepper motor is located in the engine, next to the throttle body. It connects directly to the idle control valve. The idle control valve consists of an adjustable, moving pintle attached to a rod, powered by a gear which is connected to the idle speed control stepper motor.
The Avensis Toyota idle control valve works to deliver and maintain a regular engine idling speed. Factors such as a cold engine, using the car radio or the air conditioning can effect the idling speed of the engine, so the idle control valve neutralises these outside factors, and makes sure that the engine is constantly idling at a level speed. Based on data gathered by a variety of engine sensors, the idle control valves manage the volume of air entering the throttle valves by either increasing or reducing the engine's idle speed to maintain a constant speed. The tip of the pintle is shaped like a funnel and enters into an air passage in the throttle. The level of air in the pintle controls the idle speed of the engine. The extremely precise movement of the idle speed control stepper motor means the idle control valve is able to accurately adjust the flow of air entering into the throttle. The Avensis Toyota idle speed control stepper motor completes its rotational cycle moving in small stages or steps, enabling the opening and closing of the valves with each exact movement. The idle speed control stepper motor is activated/moves whenever an electrical current is applied to it.
An engine that stalls when idling or struggles/shuts down when the air conditioning is turned on, for example, could indicate a problem with the idle speed control stepper motor. The idle control valve assists with engine start up in cold conditions. If any of the idle control valve components are faulty, such as the idle speed control stepper motor, this may prevent a cold engine start. When you need to change the idle speed control stepper motor, it's vital that the replacement part is compatible with your car. Specifically manufactured for the make and model of your vehicle, the Avensis Toyota idle speed control stepper motor is the perfect replacement part.
Toyota Avensis trivia
- The third generation (just like the second) is manufactured in the Burnaston plant located in Derbyshire.
- The name for the first generation Toyota Avensis in Argentina is the Toyota Corona!
- The seats in a Toyota Avensis have a Shearing’s coach-style trim, which means that they are resistant to dog hair (perfect for when you want to take your furry family members for a day out).
- The Toyota Avensis was the very first car to be sold in Europe that came with a knee airbag! This is now a standard feature in the majority of modern vehicles.
- The Toyota Avensis won’t just get you to the shops and back on a tank of petrol. It’s also been driven from Lands End to John O’Groats on a single tank! The journey also took the time to go off-route and visited the Toyota Burnaston manufacturing plant. The trip took three days and averaged well over 70mpg.