Used Toyota Bonnet Insulations
All used Toyota Bonnet Insulations listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Toyota are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bonnet Insulations
The bonnet is a crucial part of the car body, for beneath it is housed some of the most important components a car needs in order to run. In most cars the bonnet is the hinged cover that protects and allows access to the engine compartment.
Often made of steel, bonnets are also made of aluminium, fibreglass, dry carbon and carbon fibre. The bonnet is fixed to the frame at the front of the car and, with the action of hinges, opens outwards. A bonnet is made up of an outer panel which is designed to be smooth and streamlined, assisting with the aerodynamics of the vehicle, contoured to match the shape of the car, and an inner panel which is strong and offers protection to the engine beneath.
Many car owners choose to fit bonnet insulation in their vehicle. Toyota bonnet insulation primarily helps to reduce the noise produced by the engine. Bonnet insulation absorbs both noise from the engine and the road before it reaches the inside of the car. Bonnet insulation comprises of foam rubber which has aluminised polyester or a woven material, such as felt, on one side and an adhesive tape on the other side to apply it to the bonnet. The Toyota bonnet insulation is mounted on the underside of the bonnet and produces a significant reduction in noise levels.
Worn out, mouldy or damaged bonnet insulation should be replaced with Toyota bonnet insulation that will be compatible with the make and model of car bonnet.
- Although Toyota started making its first cars in 1937, these were specifically produced to contribute to Japan's war effort. It wasn't until 1947 that they started producing cars for civilians.
- They might be one of the biggest and well-known brand names in the world, but Toyota is still very much a family business. Every CEO so far has been a descendant of the original founder.
- The founder's son, Kiichiro Toyoda, did a trip around the US to get inspiration for car designs. That's why those early Toyota cars look more than a little bit like Chevrolets and Dodge Power Wagons.
- The Toyota Prius is just the latest example of why Toyota is widely considered the greenest company in the car industry. Consistent efforts at improving sustainability and eco-awareness led to them getting voted the number one Global Green Brand back in 2015.
- As well as their other records, Toyota is known to consistently break sales records as well. It's not just the Corolla either. They have been so successful some years that they outsold Honda and Nissan combined!