Used Toyota Fuel Filler Flaps
All used Toyota Fuel Filler Flaps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Toyota from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Fuel Filler Flaps
The Toyota fuel filler flap is a flap or covering which conceals the hole where you put the fuel into a vehicle. The fuel filler flap protects and covers the top of the pipe that connects to the petrol tank.
Usually made of plastic, aluminium or steel, fuel filler flaps are often mounted on a hinge or function with a spring mechanism. The fuel filler flap looks a bit like a miniature door and can be located on either side of the vehicle, towards the back, often on the quarter panel or rear wing. Usually lockable, sometimes linked up to the car's central locking system, the fuel filler flap gives peace of mind when leaving your vehicle parked unattended.
The Toyota fuel filler flap serves to prevent dirt, dust and other unwanted debris from entering the fuel pipe and potentially clogging up and damaging the filters. It also functions to stop fuel from spilling, leaking and evaporating out of the vehicle. The Toyota fuel filler flap also prevents others from accessing your fuel supply and siphoning the fuel.
Usual reasons for replacing this part include damage to the fuel filler flap or the opening mechanism. Purchasing a Toyota fuel filler flap will ensure the part fits perfectly with the make and model of your vehicle.
- Toyota has thousands and thousands of patents, and in 2019 it gave away an incredible 23,740 patents that had been awarded over more than 20 years. Those patents were all focused on electric vehicle technology.
- The Toyota company got its start making automated looms in 1033. Founder Sakichi Toyoda even invented the automated loom and then sold them off to try and get into the car industry. There is still an arm of Toyota that is still in the textile industry!
- As well as the best selling car of all time, Toyota is also responsible for the longest-running production on a car model ever. The Toyota model Land Cruiser started production in 1951, and as of 2019 has sold over 10 million units!
- The company is proud of the fact (and very vocal about it, rightly) that it spends $1million EVERY HOUR on research and development.
- As well as their other records, Toyota is known to consistently break sales records as well. It's not just the Corolla either. They have been so successful some years that they outsold Honda and Nissan combined!