Used Toyota Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
All used Toyota Gearboxes Transmission Automatic listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Toyota are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
The job of the car's transmission system is to transmit the power made in the engine to the wheels of the car. An automatic transmission uses both a mechanical and a hydraulic system to change the gears in the car automatically.
The Toyota automatic transmission gearbox is attached to a torque converter which fixes directly to the engine of the car.
The Toyota automatic transmission gearbox comes into play when the driver applies or releases pressure on the accelerator, by automatically selecting and changing the gears for the driver. The Toyota automatic transmission gearbox selects the right gear for the speed the car is travelling at, adjusting the speed of the car accordingly, while ensuring the engine can function as efficiently as possible. This all enables the driver to concentrate on driving without needing to manually change the gears. Generally automatic transmissions have 4 gears consisting of drive, first gear, second gear, park, reverse and neutral. The Toyota automatic transmission gearbox tends to be less fuel efficient than a manual transmission gearbox but offers the driver a smooth ride and the ease of not having to change gears manually.
The Toyota automatic gearbox transmission, although built to last will eventually wear down due to damage caused by heat and friction. If, when driving the Toyota automatic transmission gearbox is not changing gears smoothly; slow at changing gear or will not shift into gear; changes gears sporadically; judders; or produces unusual noises and vibrations, it will need looking at by a professional and you may need to replace the Toyota automatic gearbox transmission.
- They might be one of the biggest and well-known brand names in the world, but Toyota is still very much a family business. Every CEO so far has been a descendant of the original founder.
- Incredibly, there are more Toyota made cars on the world's roads than any other vehicle. It's not just high sales figures that make that viable either. Their durability means that even Toyotas that were sold 20 years ago are still on the road!
- As well as the best selling car of all time, Toyota is also responsible for the longest-running production on a car model ever. The Toyota model Land Cruiser started production in 1951, and as of 2019 has sold over 10 million units!
- Toyota has thousands and thousands of patents, and in 2019 it gave away an incredible 23,740 patents that had been awarded over more than 20 years. Those patents were all focused on electric vehicle technology.
- The Toyota company got its start making automated looms in 1033. Founder Sakichi Toyoda even invented the automated loom and then sold them off to try and get into the car industry. There is still an arm of Toyota that is still in the textile industry!