Find parts for your car
Used Toyota Hilux Brake Caliper
All used Toyota Hilux Brake Caliper listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices or used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Toyota Hilux from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Brake Caliper
On vehicles with rear disc brakes, the rear Brake Caliper is a unit which straddles the brake disc. This unit houses the brake pads, the piston that pushes the two pads onto the disc and on vehicles which use the pads for handbraking, the cable and pushrod mechanism for the handbrake. On some vehicles with rear disc brakes the handbrake has a separate drum, in the centre of the disc, with brake shoes.
The Hilux Toyota Brake Caliper Driverside Rear is positioned behind the wheel and straddles the brake disc,
When the foot brake is pressed the hydraulic system forces the fluid into the cylinder in the caliper which pushes the piston, which in turn pushes the brake pads onto the brake disc.Vehicles using the pads for the handbrake have a cable attached to the caliper which operates a pushrod inside the piston.
As the Hilux Toyota Brake Caliper Driverside Rear houses the cylinder for the piston that pushes the pad onto the brake disc it may be that the cylinder has been damaged causing leakage of hydraulic brake fluid or the seizing of the piston.
- Toyota has thousands and thousands of patents, and in 2019 it gave away an incredible 23,740 patents that had been awarded over more than 20 years. Those patents were all focused on electric vehicle technology.
- The founder's son, Kiichiro Toyoda, did a trip around the US to get inspiration for car designs. That's why those early Toyota cars look more than a little bit like Chevrolets and Dodge Power Wagons.
- The Toyota Prius is just the latest example of why Toyota is widely considered the greenest company in the car industry. Consistent efforts at improving sustainability and eco-awareness led to them getting voted the number one Global Green Brand back in 2015.
- The first car company to produce over 10 million cars in a single year (which they did in 2013), Toyota also boasts the record-breaking sales of one Corolla sold every 37 seconds (every 27 seconds in 2013). That made the Corolla the best selling car of all time!
- That founder's name was Toyoda, but the name of the company was changed to Toyota because it took one less stroke to write in Japanese. Eight is a lucky number in Japan, and Toyota takes eight strokes to write, and so Toyota it is!