Used Toyota Power Steering ECUs
All used Toyota Power Steering ECUs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Toyota from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Power Steering ECUs
The power steering ECU (Electronic Control Unit) is a small electronic metal box which is located above the steering column assembly behind the dashboard. It is responsible for determining the amount of power-assist to use and the direction of power-assist when operating a vehicle. It works by assessing signals from the steering torque sensor and the speed of the vehicle through ABS and applying the correct amount of pressure to allow the driver to exert less effort when driving. Should the vehicle not have ABS, the power steering ECU relies on speed signals from the speedometer. This system replaced the original hydraulic system, which was slow and heavy and could cause dragging of the pump on the engine.
During its operation, the ECU controls the motor by rotating the steering gear pinion. Should the ECU become faulty, it will signal its error by communicating with the electronic warning system and a warning light will appear in the vehicle. Upon driving you will most likely experience very heavy steering which will usually be intermittent at first, but if left alone will become a permanent situation so a swift repair is necessary. A full ECU replacement may be required in this circumstance.
- The founder's son, Kiichiro Toyoda, did a trip around the US to get inspiration for car designs. That's why those early Toyota cars look more than a little bit like Chevrolets and Dodge Power Wagons.
- The Toyota Prius is just the latest example of why Toyota is widely considered the greenest company in the car industry. Consistent efforts at improving sustainability and eco-awareness led to them getting voted the number one Global Green Brand back in 2015.
- As well as their other records, Toyota is known to consistently break sales records as well. It's not just the Corolla either. They have been so successful some years that they outsold Honda and Nissan combined!
- They might be one of the biggest and well-known brand names in the world, but Toyota is still very much a family business. Every CEO so far has been a descendant of the original founder.
- The Toyota company got its start making automated looms in 1033. Founder Sakichi Toyoda even invented the automated loom and then sold them off to try and get into the car industry. There is still an arm of Toyota that is still in the textile industry!