Used Toyota Spare Wheels
All used Toyota Spare Wheels listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Toyota are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Spare Wheels
The wheels are, of course, a crucial part of the car. Choosing the right wheels for a vehicle is important; they play a big part in how well the car handles on the road, affecting the performance and general efficiency of the car. Should you get a flat tyre or other wheel problems whilst driving, having a Toyota spare wheel ready and waiting can be a life saver.
Usually made of steel, wheels are often made of alloy also, and are built to be strong and durable. The wheels have an important job in providing a housing, the structure in which the tyres fit.
The Toyota spare wheel will usually be kept in the boot of the car, in the spare wheel well, concealed out of the way so as not to disrupt luggage space, enabling you to change a tyre when on the go should you need to, provided the spare wheel is kept with a tyre, fully inflated, and is in good working condition. The Toyota spare wheel should be the same as the other wheels on the car as should the tyres, to provide optimum performance and safety while driving.
Once you have had to use the Toyota spare wheel, you will need to replace it with another Toyota spare wheel. It is a good idea to always have a spare wheel ready in your car to avoid being caught out. Wheels receive a lot of wear and tear on the roads and regular cleaning helps to increase their lifespan and look. When purchasing just a spare wheel for your car, ensure it matches the other wheels on your car, that it is the right size for both the tyre and the car (using the wrong size wheel and tyre can cause damage to the car) and that it is compatible with the make and model and year of your car.
- The Toyota company got its start making automated looms in 1033. Founder Sakichi Toyoda even invented the automated loom and then sold them off to try and get into the car industry. There is still an arm of Toyota that is still in the textile industry!
- It's not exactly a secret, but surprisingly few people are aware that Toyota also makes a couple of other brand-name cars. That's because they own or partially own Lexus, Subaru, and Scion.
- Without the US, Toyota very likely wouldn't exist today as we know it. In 1950, the car company was struggling to fight off bankruptcy and only managed to make 300 trucks until the Korean War kicked off. The US then put in an order for 5,000 vehicles, transforming the company and its future.
- That founder's name was Toyoda, but the name of the company was changed to Toyota because it took one less stroke to write in Japanese. Eight is a lucky number in Japan, and Toyota takes eight strokes to write, and so Toyota it is!
- The first car company to produce over 10 million cars in a single year (which they did in 2013), Toyota also boasts the record-breaking sales of one Corolla sold every 37 seconds (every 27 seconds in 2013). That made the Corolla the best selling car of all time!