Used Vauxhall Airbag Roofs
All used Vauxhall Airbag Roofs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Vauxhall are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Airbag Roofs
The airbag system is a crucial part of the car safety system. Having an airbag system can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in a crash situation. The airbag system is a seriously clever and complex piece of kit which is made up of various components, one of the most important being the airbag itself.
Airbags are made out of stretchy material and are housed, usually in airbag covers, compressed tightly beneath this casing. The Vauxhall airbag roof is located in a protective casing in the roof of the car above the person’s head, to protect the person in a crash, particularly in a rollover crash or a high impact frontal crash.
The Vauxhall airbag roof reacts when there is a crash by filling with air at exceptional speed, creating a pillow which bursts out of the airbag cover or panel it is secured behind and into the car, protecting the person sitting inside the car by cushioning the impact of head or upper body with the interior of the car. The airbag will then deflate afterwards. The Vauxhall airbag roof needs to spring into action practically as soon as the crash happens. According to studies, an airbag will activate within 55 milliseconds of impact. You can see why it is imperative that the airbag system is functioning fully, and that an important component such as the Vauxhall airbag roof is in sound working order for it to be able to respond accurately and do its job properly. The person needs to be seated correctly and wearing a seatbelt for the Vauxhall airbag roof to work properly in a crash and to avoid receiving an injury from the airbag upon inflation.
If there is damage to or a fault with the Vauxhall airbag roof the airbag system warning light will illuminate on the dashboard indicating that there is a problem. Once the airbag system warning light illuminates, the system becomes inactive which means if you have a crash the airbags will not work so it is important to address the problem as soon as possible. If the Vauxhall airbag roof inflates you will need to replace it with a new Vauxhall airbag roof as airbags cannot be reused.
- There’s a Vauxhall for everyone. They currently produce 21 different cars in three different ranges: the passenger car, the commercial car, and four different high-performance VXR models.
- They might be famous for their cars, but Vauxhall also has the claim to fame of being in the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest GPS drawing! The 6080-mile Halloween art made national news!
- A long list of celebs have been proud owners of the Vauxhall Corsa, including former Doctor Who star, Matt Smith (who sold his on eBay and gave the money to charity), Tinie Tempah, Claudia Schiffer, Sean Bean, and even Colin McRae.
- If you thought you were seeing mostly grey Vauxhalls on the road, your eyes aren't going funny. It's the most popular colour for Vauxhall cars.
- The Vectra C is a very popular car, especially among the police force, and it's now common to see car buyers desperate to pick up an ex-police Vectra for cheap. It is estimated that Vauxhall manufactures as much as 70% of the UK police forces cars.