Used Vauxhall Astra Door Check Straps
All used Vauxhall Astra Door Check Straps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Vauxhall Astra are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Check Straps
The Astra Vauxhall door check straps is the part that stops the door opening too far and too fast.
It allows the car door to stay open fully open as well as enabling a half way stopping point when you open the door, stopping the door from swinging open too far, which can damage the hinges, while also stopping the door from slamming shut.
Positioned directly beneath the top door hinge, the Astra Vauxhall door check straps connects to the door, usually with pins or bolts, and is concealed in the A-post. The components that hold the check straps to the car body are inserted through a sheet which is welded, from the inside, to the car body.
If the securing bolts or pins are loose this can damage the door strap mechanism and cause the door to rock when it is opened or closed. The metal can wear if bolts are not secured properly and this can result in needing to replace the Astra Vauxhall door check straps. Parts like this do, over the course of time, wear out, corrode and stop functioning properly. When looking to replace this part with one that is compatible with your car, buying a new Astra Vauxhall door check straps is the ideal choice.
Vauxhall Astra trivia
- The white version of the Vauxhall Astra 1800 GTE was the first car in the UK to be colour-coded. The body trim matched the white base colour and included the skirts and the wheel arch extensions. Ford was so happy with the look that the silver, black, and red models also started to include colour-coding.
- In 30 years of production, there had been 2.5 million Astras sold in the UK, which means that it ranks fourth in the most popular cars in Britain.
- In 1999, the Astra MK4 was awarded four stars in the Euro NCAP tests and is still considered one of the safest cars in the country.
- The Astra GTE Quicksilver was a design exercise intended to coincide with the silver anniversary of the Ellesmere Port Factory in 1987.
- The 2013 Astra used in the TV show Top Gear that was raced by celebrities went up for auction in 2019. After being driven by 22 celebrities, including Hugh Jackman, Benedict Cumberbatch, Will Smith, and Olly Murs (the fastest driver in the fun contest), the car sold for £6,000 despite not being roadworthy. There are claims that the Top Gear Astra has been seen by more people than any other car in the world, ever.