Used Vauxhall Astra Fuse Box
All used Vauxhall Astra Fuse Box listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Vauxhall Astra are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Fuse Box
The function of the Astra Vauxhall fuse box is to house, bridge and protect the electrical and the electronic components in the vehicle with fuses. These include the main computer, the engine, the transmission, the lights, wipers and all electrical components.
The panel contains a series of different value fuses that will blow if a problem occurs in an electrical part or system which has caused a short circuit. Investigation of the cause can be traced as each fuse has a connection to a certain component, electrical part, or area of the vehicle. On occasion the problem can be with the panel itself and it may need replacement.
The fuse box is usually located below the front console above the front footwells or in the glove compartment. It contains an array of different value fuses designed to blow if a set amperage is exceeded. The values of the fuses are commonly 5 amp, 10 amp, 15 amp, 20 amp, 25 amp and 30 amp. The fuses are colour coded and you should replace blown fuses of the same value in the fuse box panel. The colour codes are green for 5 amp, red for 10 amp, blue for 15 amp, yellow for 20 amp, clear for 25 amp and green for 30 amp.
The replacement fuse box needs to be matched to the original to allow for the correct rewiring and amount of fuses required for the specific make and model. The Astra Vauxhall fuse box is the ideal replacement part, specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle.
Vauxhall Astra trivia
- The Astra sold exceptionally well in the UK, and it quickly became the second most popular small family car in the country (after the Ford Escort). The Mark 2 Astra sold even more and came very close to the Escort in terms of sales.
- The Astra MK6 was very popular with the police, and 54 different constabularies used the MK6.
- In 30 years of production, there had been 2.5 million Astras sold in the UK, which means that it ranks fourth in the most popular cars in Britain.
- The Astra GTE Quicksilver was a design exercise intended to coincide with the silver anniversary of the Ellesmere Port Factory in 1987.
- The Astra was originally built in Germany, but after the consolidation of Opel and Vauxhall dealerships in 1981, production of the Astra moved to Ellesmere Port in the UK.