Used Vauxhall Insignia Door Check Straps
All used Vauxhall Insignia Door Check Straps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Vauxhall Insignia are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Check Straps
The Insignia Vauxhall door check straps is the part that stops the door opening too far and too fast.
It allows the car door to stay open fully open as well as enabling a half way stopping point when you open the door, stopping the door from swinging open too far, which can damage the hinges, while also stopping the door from slamming shut.
Positioned directly beneath the top door hinge, the Insignia Vauxhall door check straps connects to the door, usually with pins or bolts, and is concealed in the A-post. The components that hold the check straps to the car body are inserted through a sheet which is welded, from the inside, to the car body.
If the securing bolts or pins are loose this can damage the door strap mechanism and cause the door to rock when it is opened or closed. The metal can wear if bolts are not secured properly and this can result in needing to replace the Insignia Vauxhall door check straps. Parts like this do, over the course of time, wear out, corrode and stop functioning properly. When looking to replace this part with one that is compatible with your car, buying a new Insignia Vauxhall door check straps is the ideal choice.
Vauxhall Insignia trivia
- A descendant of the Cavalier and the Vectra, the Vauxhall Insignia is much bigger than both of these cars and is Vauxhall’s largest car.
- The latest generation Vauxhall Insignia had a complete platform overhaul, and that resulted in them being 175kg lighter while also adding to the length.
- Euro NCAP awarded every version of the Vauxhall Insignia a five-star safety rating.
- According to the website YouGov, the Vauxhall Insignia is the UK’s 85th most popular car, as well as being the 65th most famous. Fans of the car consistently describe it as comfortable, stylish, impressive, and fuel-efficient.
- The Vauxhall Insignia is recorded as being one of the most aerodynamic cars in the world. It has a drag coefficient of just .025, so it’s not just great for driving on the motorway but also makes for a much quieter and more peaceful ride.