Used Vauxhall Starter Motors
All used Vauxhall Starter Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Vauxhall are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Starter Motors
A car engine needs to be rotating at a significant speed in order for it to start. The Vauxhall starter motor is a powerful electric motor which provides the power to turn the engine. The Vauxhall starter motor works to provide enough power to get the car engine turning at the correct speed for it to start.
The starter motor is usually situated near the back of the engine, on the underside, where it can be bolted into position on the outer edge of the flywheel. The flywheel is a large cog, approximately 12" in diameter, which is connected to one end of the crankshaft, the main shaft inside the engine, which is turned by the movement of the pistons.
This powerful, electric motor is driven by the car's battery, and starts working when you turn the key in the ignition. It has a thick shaft with a small stubby sprung-loaded cog. When the ignition key is fully turned or starter button pressed, the power is transmitted via a solenoid switch to the motor. When the starter motor rotates, the sprung-loaded cog, due to its design, spirals out against its shaft spring and engages the cog of the flywheel. The starter motor then turns the flywheel, which rotates the engine via the crankshaft and the firing sequence is initiated and the engine starts. When the ignition key or button is released, the sprung-loaded cog on the starter motor disengages from the flywheel and pops back clear.
It is not uncommon for starter motors to malfunction. General wear and tear takes it toll on the Vauxhall starter motor and it will eventually need replacing. Symptoms of a faulty starter motor can include an engine which is really slow to turn over and no response at all or just a click or clunk from the starter motor when you turn the key in the ignition. It is advisable to have any problems looked at by a professional. When replacing the Vauxhall starter motor it should be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- They might be famous for their cars, but Vauxhall also has the claim to fame of being in the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest GPS drawing! The 6080-mile Halloween art made national news!
- A long list of celebs have been proud owners of the Vauxhall Corsa, including former Doctor Who star, Matt Smith (who sold his on eBay and gave the money to charity), Tinie Tempah, Claudia Schiffer, Sean Bean, and even Colin McRae.
- The Lotus Elise might seem like a far way away from the average Vauxhall, but they do have some matching parts. Alright, so it's nothing engine wise, but the Corsa does have the same indicator and wiper stalks that can be found on the Series 2 Lotus Elise.
- If you thought you were seeing mostly grey Vauxhalls on the road, your eyes aren't going funny. It's the most popular colour for Vauxhall cars.
- The Vectra C is a very popular car, especially among the police force, and it's now common to see car buyers desperate to pick up an ex-police Vectra for cheap. It is estimated that Vauxhall manufactures as much as 70% of the UK police forces cars.