Used Vauxhall Vivaro Airbag
All used Vauxhall Vivaro Airbag listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Vauxhall Vivaro are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
One of the most crucial parts of the car's safety system are the airbags. An airbag can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in a crash situation. The airbag system is a clever and complex piece of kit which is made up of various components, one of the most important being the airbag itself.
Airbags are made out of stretchy material and are housed, usually in airbag covers, compressed tightly beneath this casing. The Vivaro Vauxhall airbag is located in the hub of the steering wheel, to protect the driver in a frontal and rollover crash.
The Vivaro Vauxhall airbag reacts upon impact by filling with air at exceptional speed, creating a pillow which bursts out of the airbag cover or panel it is secured behind and into the car protecting the driver by cushioning the impact of head or upper body with the interior of the car. The airbag will then deflate afterwards. The Vivaro Vauxhall airbag needs to spring into action practically as soon as the crash happens. According to studies, an airbag will activate within 55 milliseconds of impact. You can see why it is imperative that your car's airbag system is fully functional and in good working order as the Vivaro Vauxhall airbag must be able to respond accurately and do its job properly. The driver need to be seated in the driving position and wearing a seatbelt for the Vivaro Vauxhall airbag to work properly upon impact and to avoid receiving injury from airbag inflation.
If there is damage or a fault with the Vivaro Vauxhall airbag the airbag system warning light will illuminate on the dashboard indicating that there is a problem. Once the airbag system warning light illuminates, the system becomes inactive which means if you have a crash the airbags will not work so it is important to address the problem as soon as possible. If the Vivaro Vauxhall airbag inflates you will need to replace it with a new Vivaro Vauxhall airbag as airbags cannot be reused.
Vauxhall Vivaro trivia
- Thanks to its popularity, there have been a lot of TV shows that feature a Vauxhall Vivaro. You can spot a Vivaro in Dalziel and Pascoe, A Streetcat Named Bob, Chucklevision, Eastenders, A Touch of Frost, Midsomer Murders, and Dr Who.
- The Vauxhall Vivaro might be instantly recognisable, but it's not called that everywhere. Outside of the UK, it's usually called the Opel Vivaro.
- The Owner's manual for the current generation Vauxhall Vivaro comes in at an intimidating 182 pages and includes sections on driving tips, and how to save fuel and protect the environment.
- In 2020, the Vivaro-e was revealed, the first all-electric version of the popular van.
- The Vauxhall Vivaro is largely manufactured in Luton but is also made at the Opel factory in Barcelona, Spain.