Used Vauxhall Zafira Tail Gate Struts
All used Vauxhall Zafira Tail Gate Struts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Vauxhall Zafira are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Tail Gate Struts
The Zafira Vauxhall tail gate struts are rods which form part of the framework of the tail gate on the vehicle and are used to hold the tailgate/rear boot up and in place when it 's open.
The Zafira Vauxhall tail gate struts are positioned on either side of the boot so that the boot lid is held in place evenly and, with the action of hinges, opens outwards.
The Zafira Vauxhall tail gate struts use a gas spring mechanism to work, which uses gas inside a cylinder, compressed by a piston, to apply force, which keeps the strut rigid and extended and able to support the weight of the boot while it's open. This mechanism also helps to make opening the boot a smooth and easy operation. The internal mechanisms are housed in a rod which is sealed in an outer casing.
Loss of gas is the usual cause of failure in the Zafira Vauxhall tail gate struts. Damage can occur to the seal, enabling gas to leak out every time the boot is open, i.e. every time the tail gate struts open and shut. Faulty or broken Zafira Vauxhall tail gate struts may mean that the boot is hard to open, won't stay open fully or just slams shut again. When replacing the tail gate struts on your vehicle, buying new Zafira Vauxhall tail gate struts will ensure perfect compatibility with the make and model of your car. It's advisable to replace both sides of the tail gate struts at the same time to make sure the pressure is balanced and equal in both struts.
Vauxhall Zafira trivia
- One of the members of pop band Hear' Say almost died in a Zafira! Danny Foster narrowly escaped injury when the car was engulfed in flames.
- Since its launch in 1999, there have been three generations, known as the Zafira A, B, and C.
- A turbocharged Zafira was unveiled in 2001 and was quickly recognised as the fastest minivan in Europe. The Zafira OPC could easily get from 0-62mph in 8.2 seconds.
- There was a Zafira facelift in 2016, with new features including LED head and tail lights and stereo options. The front of the car was restyled, too, so that it more closely resembled the look of the Vauxhall Astra hatchback.
- The Mk1 Zafira was the first MPV to have seven seats, although there was criticism over the space that passengers sitting in those two extra seats actually had. However, considering that the Mk1 was only an inch longer than the Vauxhall Astra estate, the fact that it could squeeze in an extra two seats remains impressive.