Used Vauxhall Zafira Windows
All used Vauxhall Zafira Windows listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Vauxhall Zafira are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
A car has many different windows and a significant proportion of the car frame is fitted with glass.
Getting into the details of windows
In a passenger car, usually all of the doors are fitted with a section of glass which makes up the door window, which can be opened or closed either manually or electronically. The number of windows in a car will depend on the make and model of car. Cars can have different types of doors and windows, for example some cars have quarter light glass which is a side window in either the front door or situated on the sides of the car just in front of the rear window of the car. Tailgate hatch glass can be found on the lifting cover for the boot space on a saloon vehicle or the lifting door on a hatchback or estate vehicle. The shape of the windows in a car will again depend on the car make and model.
Glass used in modern car doors is generally safety glass which decreases the chance of injury if it smashes.
The windows are operated by a window regulator mechanism. Window regulator mechanisms are either manual or electric. Manual window regulator mechanisms are operated by a handle on the side panel of the door beneath the window, which is turned by hand and in turn the window regulator mechanism winds or unwinds the window accordingly. Electric window regulator mechanisms are powered by a window motor which is activated by an electric window switch, within easy reach, usually located in the cavity behind the inside trim of the door, which lowers or raises the window as required. All electric windows in the car can be controlled by the driver's controls but individual windows will usually have a switch to operate them individually too. The glass in car windows is held in place when the window opens or closes by track assemblies, which assists with the smooth operation of the window, and sealed with window rubber seals which function to firmly seal the door window with the door flange to stop water, dust and other particles or air coming into the car.
A major body of glass in cars can be found in the front and rear windscreens. The car windscreens are a protective, curved, glass screen at the front and rear of the car.
The front and rear windscreens are made of safety glass, which prevents them from smashing into lots of pieces when broken and fixed to the frame of the car. The front windscreen is positioned directly in front of the driver and front passenger and the rear windscreen is directly behind the passengers sitting in the back of the car. The driver needs to look through the front windscreen to see the road ahead, and through the back windscreen to see the traffic behind, so it is imperative that the windscreens are in perfect condition. The windscreens are fitted with windscreen wipers. The windscreen wiper mechanism is powered by a window wiper motor which enables the wipers to clear rain, dust and dirt from the windscreen of the car. Many car windscreens are also fitted with a windscreen washer. Powered by a windscreen washer motor, it pumps out a spray, which works with the wipers to clean the windscreen.
Some windscreens have tinted, coloured glass around the side of the windscreen which offers some protection from the sun. Some car owners like to fit heated windscreens which de-mists and de-ices the windscreen in a matter of minutes. Some windscreens also have the option of a fitted rain sensor. The windscreen rain sensor is a clever device which automatically switches on the windscreen wipers when it detects rain.
What if something goes wrong with the windows?
All of the windows in the car serve a safety function, offering protection to the people travelling in the car. All windows should be clean and free from cracks and scratches so that safety is not compromised. All window parts and mechanisms should be functioning fully in order to be able to perform properly and safely. When replacing windows or buying new window parts for your vehicle, it is important to make sure they are compatible with the make and model of your car.
Vauxhall Zafira trivia
- Bono owned a diesel Zafira, and he once accidentally left it for Jeremey Clarkson to drive. The Irish singer intended to leave an M6 convertible for Clarkson to race around in, but the person with the keys misunderstood. However, Clarkson called the Zafira more comfortable than a Rolls Royce Phantom and ranked it in his Top 10 of 2015/16 list for The Sunday Times. The Zafira got a 5/5 rating.
- The second-generation Zafira, launched in 2006, ended being the 10th best selling car in Britain. It was the first time that a people carrier (or MPV) was included in the UK's top sellers.
- There's a mindblowing 710-litres of space in the boot of a modern Zafira, and you can extend that even more by dropping the rear seats. With those seats down, you have 1,860-litres of storage space!
- The Zafira was narrowly beaten by the Fiat Multipla and the Toyota Yaris for the 2000 European Car Of The Year Award, coming in third in the rankings.
- If you buy a Zafira today, you get the option of three different engine types. Customers can choose from the 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine, the 1.6-litre diesel, and the 2.0-litre diesel. All three come with manual gears, but you do have the option of an automatic if you opt for one of the two bigger engine types.