Used Volkswagen Air Flow Meters
All used Volkswagen Air Flow Meters listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Volkswagen are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Air Flow Meters
The Volkswagen air flow meter is an electronic air flow sensor, also referred to as an air flow sensor, which measures air flow; the mass of air which is flowing through the engine of a car, and is an important part of the Engine Control Unit (ECU). The Volkswagen air flow meter has an important part to play in the overall performance, power and efficiency of the engine.
The Volkswagen air flow meter is usually found in the plastic housing between the engine and the air filter.
An engine needs the correct amount of air and fuel flowing through it in order for the fuel to burn in the cylinders and for the engine to ignite or spark at the right time. If the ignition sparks at the wrong time, there will be less power in the engine and it will try to make up for this by using more fuel, which reduces fuel efficiency, and in turn increases CO2 emissions. The Volkswagen air flow meter works by measuring the air flow and sending these measurements to the car's ECU which, based on these measurements, will control the amount of fuel flowing into the engine at the point at which the ignition sparks.
The Volkswagen air flow meter will eventually stop functioning as well. When this happens, the performance of your engine is likely to be affected and engine emissions will be higher. A fault in the Volkswagen air flow meter will cause the Check Engine light to show on the dashboard to indicate a malfunction with the Volkswagen air flow meter. A broken air flow meter can sometimes prevent a car from idling properly (the ability for a car's engine to run while it is not moving) and may cause the engine to splutter and stall. If there is a fault with the Volkswagen air flow meter a replacement Volkswagen air flow meter should be purchased.
- Volkswagen has around 230 dealers in the UK.
- Volkswagens’ are mentioned currently in 10 world records including the ‘greatest distance driven on a single tank of fuel’ (1,581.88 miles by a VW Passat) and the ‘Fastest vehicle crossing the Gilf Al-Kebir plateau’ (timed at 5hr 7min in a VW Amarok).
- There are over 8000 references to Volkswagen on Wikipedia and searching for Volkswagen on Google currently returns about 1,130,000,000 results.
- The Golf GTi defined the ‘hot-hatch’ although the Renault 5 was introduced slightly earlier. 460,000 were produced and examples in mint condition can now cost up to £15,000.
- There were 521,273 new motors that left showrooms in 2019 coloured grey, the official figures revealed. The Volkswagen Golf was officially the most-chosen model to be painted grey. Black was in second place with 466,276 cars, accounting for one in five new vehicles leaving dealer forecourts.