Find parts for your car
Used Volkswagen Body Control Units
All used Volkswagen Body Control Units listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Volkswagen are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Body Control Units
The Volkswagen body control unit is an electronic control unit which is usually located behind the glovebox or near the centre console of the vehicle and is responsible for the monitoring and control of various electronic functions on the vehicle. These may include the immobiliser, the door locks, the electric windows and air conditioning of the vehicle as well as the power mirrors.
The Volkswagen body control unit is programmed specifically to each individual vehicle using a code to prevent theft. Whilst each Volkswagen body control unit is individually programmed, the way they work are generally the same. They consist of sensors, switches and programmed automatic reactions which work in unison in one computerised system to control vehicle functions.
If a Volkswagen body control unit fails, you may notice the intermittent or chronic failure of one or more of the electronic functions the module controls. Depending on which part of the vehicle fails this could be a very serious issue. For example, if the door locks fail you may have an issue opening your car to drive the vehicle. Any problems with the Volkswagen body control unit should therefore be rectified as soon as possible.
- There were 521,273 new motors that left showrooms in 2019 coloured grey, the official figures revealed. The Volkswagen Golf was officially the most-chosen model to be painted grey. Black was in second place with 466,276 cars, accounting for one in five new vehicles leaving dealer forecourts.
- Currently Volkswagen have 18 car in production, excluding 5 Chinese models, 3 GTI’s, 2 hybrid electrics, 2 all electric and 1 R model.
- Volkswagen has won the ‘European Car of the Year’ award four times (Golf twice, Polo and Passat).
- Volkswagen has around 230 dealers in the UK.
- Volkswagens’ are mentioned currently in 10 world records including the ‘greatest distance driven on a single tank of fuel’ (1,581.88 miles by a VW Passat) and the ‘Fastest vehicle crossing the Gilf Al-Kebir plateau’ (timed at 5hr 7min in a VW Amarok).