Find parts for your car
Used Volkswagen Engine Complete
All Used Volkswagen complete engines listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Volkswagen from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
Used Volkswagen Engine
- The Volkswagen engine is the heart of your car and converts petrol or diesel in to movement. You can buy replacement engines for typically 30-40% less than a new one.
- Make sure you need a full VW engine before replacing. A replacement engine isn’t cheap so it’s worth fully ruling out items such as Valves, Pistons, Crankshaft, Connecting Rod and the Oil Sump. All of these things can cause significant wear and tear on your engine and could be the underlying problem.
- Whilst there could be some ability to crossover engines; make sure you match your car to the correct and suitable replacement, even if you are looking to upgrade.
- Most Volkswagen engines will include cylinder heads, camshafts, valves, valve springs and an intact head gasket although it’s always worth checking. If the Engine doesn’t include these parts, it may be referred to as a ‘short block engine’.
- The first Volkswagen car was the ‘Type 1’ although you may know it as the Beetle. Over 20 million were sold before production stopped.
- Everyone knows a VW Beetle was used in Herbie, but did you know Volkswagens’ also appeared in Happy Gilmore, Footloose, Transformers and Double Trouble with Elvis Presley!
- Volkswagen was founded in 1937. It now sells cars in 160 countries, employs 200,000 people worldwide and sold over 6 million vehicles worldwide in 2018.
- Volkswagen has around 230 dealers in the UK.
- The Volkswagen AG group also owns Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Seat, Skoda, Ducati, MAN and Skania. Breakeryard.com also sell starter motors and other used parts for Audi, Seat and Skoda but, unfortunately, not Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini or Porsche.