Find parts for your car
Used Volkswagen Gearbox manual
All Used Volkswagen Manual Gearboxes listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Volkswagen from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Volkswagen Gearbox (manual)
- The Volkswagen gearbox transfers power from the engine to the wheels and enables your engine to run as efficiently as possible by controlling the number of engine revolutions. When you press the accelerator the engine revolutions increase which increases energy output.
- VW gearbox faults are generally identified by being slow to engage when you place the car into gear or clunking/humming noises from the gearbox when you change gear (especially in first or second gear). Also look out for fluid leaks from the gearbox - the fluid is usually red.
- Manual VW gearboxes put you in control, enabling you to use the whole power of the engine when you need it. Manual gearboxes were typically more efficient (as automatic engines rely on engine power to change gear) although some modern automatic gearboxes, including the VW DSG box, can be more economical than the manual versions.
- Volkswagen was founded in 1937. It now sells cars in 160 countries, employs 200,000 people worldwide and sold over 6 million vehicles worldwide in 2018.
- Volkswagen has around 230 dealers in the UK.
- The first Volkswagen car was the ‘Type 1’ although you may know it as the Beetle. Over 20 million were sold before production stopped.
- There are over 8000 references to Volkswagen on Wikipedia and searching for Volkswagen on Google currently returns about 1,130,000,000 results.
- Volkswagen has won the ‘European Car of the Year’ award four times (Golf twice, Polo and Passat).