Used Volkswagen Parcel Back Shelves
All used Volkswagen Parcel Back Shelves listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Volkswagen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Parcel Back Shelves
The Volkswagen back parcel shelf is a functional, removable shelf, providing an extra storage space in the car, while also serving to act as a cover to the boot space, hiding the contents from view.
The Volkswagen back parcel shelf is positioned inside the car, above the boot, behind the back seats.
The Volkswagen back parcel shelf is made of a rigid and durable plastic and covered with a material that is hard wearing and aesthetically pleasing, usually matching the rest of the car's interior furnishings. Often held in places by straps or pegs, the back parcel shelf can be removed when more boot space is required. It also functions as a cover for the boot space, hiding luggage and belongings from sight. Some back parcel shelves are retractable and can be pulled out when needed and pushed in when not. Others can be folded away, or work with a hinged mechanism.
The Volkswagen back parcel shelf, although hard wearing, will eventually need replacing due to general wear and tear. If broken, worn out or damaged, when replacing the Volkswagen back parcel shelf it's important to make sure it's compatible with the make and model of your car. Placing objects on a badly fitted parcel shelf can compromise the strength of the parcel shelf and could cause structural damage, as could using it to carry objects that are too heavy for it. It's important that the parcel shelf fits your car properly and is secured well, to avoid it flying up and potentially hitting passengers in the back and becoming a hazard by obstructing the driver's view.
- Volkswagen has produced four winners of the 50-year-old European Car of the Year award. 1992 – Volkswagen Golf, 2010 – Volkswagen Polo, 2013 – Volkswagen Golf, 2015 – Volkswagen Passat
- Everyone knows a VW Beetle was used in Herbie, but did you know Volkswagens’ also appeared in Happy Gilmore, Footloose, Transformers and Double Trouble with Elvis Presley!
- The Volkswagen AG group also owns Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Seat, Skoda, Ducati, MAN and Skania. Breakeryard.com also sell starter motors and other used parts for Audi, Seat and Skoda but, unfortunately, not Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini or Porsche.
- Volkswagen was founded in 1937. It now sells cars in 160 countries, employs 200,000 people worldwide and sold over 6 million vehicles worldwide in 2018.
- The first Volkswagen car was the ‘Type 1’ although you may know it as the Beetle. Over 20 million were sold before production stopped.