Used Volkswagen Passat Steering Column
All used Volkswagen Passat Steering Column listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Volkswagen Passat are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Steering Column
One of the most important components in the steering system of any motor vehicle is the Passat Volkswagensteering column. The primary function of a car’s Passat Volkswagensteering column is to connect the steering wheel to the steering mechanism. This enables the steering system to translate the rotating movement of the steering wheel, as the driver steers the car, to the transverse movement of the vehicle’s wheels.
Although the operation of the steering system is the principle role of the Passat Volkswagensteering column it also has secondary functions, which include housing the Passat Volkswagensteering column electrical wiring, which is responsible for the operation of many of the vehicle’s accessories. The Passat Volkswagensteering column also hosts a variety of column switches, including those that are used to operate the windscreen wipers, the headlights, the horn, the direction indicators, the screen washers and, in higher range vehicles, the audio system, cruise control system and onboard computer.
Most modern vehicles also have a steering lock, which is housed within the Passat Volkswagensteering column and many vehicle models also have the facility to raise and lower the steering wheel, via a mechanism within the Passat Volkswagensteering column, to suit the height of individual drivers. Finally, certain steering columns, especially on older vehicles, also hold the gear shift control lever.
The Passat Volkswagensteering column is therefore a component with a variety of important functions.
Volkswagen Passat trivia
- Between its launch and the release of its eighth-generation model, the Volkswagen Passat has been marketed under a variety of names, including the Dasher, the Sanatana, Quantum, Carat, Magotan, and Corsar.
- The Volkswagen Passat was originally launched in 1973, and buyers could choose between the two-door or a four-door sedan, or the three-door or five-door saloon versions.
- The very first generation Volkswagen Passat was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro, who was also responsible for the design of the some of the most iconic cars in the world, including the Alfa Romeo 105, Maserati Bora, Ferrari GG50, and Lamborghini Calà, to name just a few.
- In the UK, sales of the petrol version of the Volkswagen Passat were so low that the company had a complete rethink and for subsequent models only released turbo-diesel models in Britain.
- In 2008, the Volkswagen Passat estate won the Towcar of the Year Awards, with the magazine Practical Caravans praising its Trailer Stability Programme.