Used Volkswagen Tail Lights
All used Volkswagen Tail Lights listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Volkswagen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Tail Lights
Part of the car's lighting setup, the Volkswagen rear tail light, is an important safety feature of the car enabling other road users to clearly see the vehicle from the rear.
The rear tail light is an external light that fixes to the outside of the car at the rear and is contained in either a metal or plastic housing. The tail lights can be in the same housing as other lighting such as the indicator lights, brake lights, parking lights, reverse lights and hazard lights, forming one single tail light with several functions. When indicating to go left, the indicator or signal light bulbs flash to indicate to other road users that the driver intends to turn left. The indicator light is also used by drivers in emergency situations to alert other road users that there is a potential hazard. Brake lights illuminate when the driver applies pressure to the brakes to let other road users know that the car is slowing down or stopping. Reverse lights illuminate when the driver puts the car into reverse, indicating to other road users that the car is reversing. Parking lights and hazard lights are used when the car is pulled up on the roadside, to alert other road users to the fact that there is a parked car. On some cars the tail light is a separate unit, however, often clustered together with the other rear vehicle lights. The tail light is wired up to come on when the front side lights are on and emits a red light which is designed to be duller than the brake light, so that the brake light is distinguishable from the tail light.
Unfortunately, because of their positioning on the vehicle and fragile bulbs, the Volkswagen rear tail light is prone to being smashed and cracked, particularly in a crash but also as a result of stones and debris flying up from the road or badly maneuvered reversing.
When replacing the rear tail light, it is important that you purchase a tail light intended for the car. Rear tail lights come in many different sizes and styles. Purchasing a new Volkswagen tail light will ensure you get a quality part that fits the make and model of your car.
- The first Volkswagen car was the ‘Type 1’ although you may know it as the Beetle. Over 20 million were sold before production stopped.
- Volkswagens’ are mentioned currently in 10 world records including the ‘greatest distance driven on a single tank of fuel’ (1,581.88 miles by a VW Passat) and the ‘Fastest vehicle crossing the Gilf Al-Kebir plateau’ (timed at 5hr 7min in a VW Amarok).
- Volkswagen was founded in 1937. It now sells cars in 160 countries, employs 200,000 people worldwide and sold over 6 million vehicles worldwide in 2018.
- Volkswagen has around 230 dealers in the UK.
- Currently Volkswagen have 18 car in production, excluding 5 Chinese models, 3 GTI’s, 2 hybrid electrics, 2 all electric and 1 R model.