Used Volkswagen Tailgates
All used Volkswagen Tailgates listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Volkswagen are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The Volkswagen Bootlid Tailgate is the lifting cover for the boot space on a saloon vehicle or the lifting door on a hatchback or estate vehicle. In the latter it will include the rear window, in the former it will be a solid piece of bodywork.
The Bootlid is attached by hinges to the boot space/luggage compartment at the rear of the vehicle. The hinged Volkswagen Bootlid Tailgate, with the window, lifts, opening the rear end of the passenger compartment. The Volkswagen Bootlid Tailgate will house a heated screen with a wiper/wash system and possibly lighting.
The usual reason for replacement is collision damage.
- The Golf GTi defined the ‘hot-hatch’ although the Renault 5 was introduced slightly earlier. 460,000 were produced and examples in mint condition can now cost up to £15,000.
- The Volkswagen AG group also owns Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Seat, Skoda, Ducati, MAN and Skania. Breakeryard.com also sell starter motors and other used parts for Audi, Seat and Skoda but, unfortunately, not Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini or Porsche.
- Volkswagen was founded in 1937. It now sells cars in 160 countries, employs 200,000 people worldwide and sold over 6 million vehicles worldwide in 2018.
- The first Volkswagen car was the ‘Type 1’ although you may know it as the Beetle. Over 20 million were sold before production stopped.
- If you’re ever in Wolfsburg, you may want to visit the Stiftung AutoMuseum which is open Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 5pm, costs 8 Euros to enter and contains over 130 vehicles including the ‘See Golf’ – a seafaring Golf with hydraulic pontoons and the White Beetle on the cover of the Beatles Abbey Road album.