Used Volvo 740 Tail Light
All used Volvo 740 Tail Light listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Volvo 740 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Tail Light
Part of the car's lighting setup, the 740 Volvo rear tail light, is an important safety feature of the car enabling other road users to clearly see the vehicle from the rear.
The rear tail light is an external light that fixes to the outside of the car at the rear and is contained in either a metal or plastic housing. The tail lights can be in the same housing as other lighting such as the indicator lights, brake lights, parking lights, reverse lights and hazard lights, forming one single tail light with several functions. When indicating to go left, the indicator or signal light bulbs flash to indicate to other road users that the driver intends to turn left. The indicator light is also used by drivers in emergency situations to alert other road users that there is a potential hazard. Brake lights illuminate when the driver applies pressure to the brakes to let other road users know that the car is slowing down or stopping. Reverse lights illuminate when the driver puts the car into reverse, indicating to other road users that the car is reversing. Parking lights and hazard lights are used when the car is pulled up on the roadside, to alert other road users to the fact that there is a parked car. On some cars the tail light is a separate unit, however, often clustered together with the other rear vehicle lights. The tail light is wired up to come on when the front side lights are on and emits a red light which is designed to be duller than the brake light, so that the brake light is distinguishable from the tail light.
Unfortunately, because of their positioning on the vehicle and fragile bulbs, the 740 Volvo rear tail light is prone to being smashed and cracked, particularly in a crash but also as a result of stones and debris flying up from the road or badly maneuvered reversing.
When replacing the rear tail light, it is important that you purchase a tail light intended for the car. Rear tail lights come in many different sizes and styles. Purchasing a new 740 Volvo tail light will ensure you get a quality part that fits the make and model of your car.
- Volvo was the first manufacturer to install fog lights on the front and rear of their cars.
- To test the strength of their vehicles, Volvo puts them through rigorous tests, including using a machine in their Gothenburg lab that was designed to test how buildings cope in earthquakes.
- Volvo invented the lambda sond, which is a probe that senses oxygen. It is responsible for cutting down exhaust emissions by 90%, and has been called "the most significant breakthrough ever made in the control of vehicle exhaust emissions." Volvo waived the patent rights on this, and now almost every car on the planet has one installed.
- The Volvo XC90 has won an incredible 70 awards, ranging from the Auto Express Car of the Year 2015, the Business Insider 2015 Car of the Year, the Sunday Times Top 100 Cars 2016, and the Motor Trend SUV of the Year 2016, to name just a few.
- Although many of their inventions were released to the public, Volvo has been responsible for so many cutting-edge inventions in car manufacturing that they have had to build an entire company division to deal solely with patent infringement.