Used Volvo Coil Springs
All used Volvo Coil Springs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Volvo from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Coil Springs
A Volvo coil spring is a heavy duty metal spring that sits on the lower wishbone and is a key part of a vehicle’s suspension system. It works as a shock absorber and compresses and expands to absorb the bumps and holes in the road as the vehicle is driven.
All Volvo coil springs are given a rating and if they need to be replaced, must be replaced with a spring of the same rating. This spring also has to have the same rating as the other spring. Because of this, it is highly recommended that you replace both Volvo springs at the same time.
There are many reasons why a Volvo coil spring can fail. Harsh weather has taken a huge toll, with salt and rust being a big problem. This isn’t usually a problem in newer springs as they have a plastic coating, however as this wears down over time it exposes the spring to the elements.
To prevent early damage to springs it is recommended that drivers should regularly clean underneath the vehicle with a pressure washer. This may prolong the life of the spring and other parts.
- The Volvo 240 is considered the benchmark by which all car safety standards are set. The 240 is so well identified with driver, passenger, and pedestrian safety that the US government even purchased 24 of them just to test for themselves how safe they were.
- To test the strength of their vehicles, Volvo puts them through rigorous tests, including using a machine in their Gothenburg lab that was designed to test how buildings cope in earthquakes.
- Volvo was the first manufacturer to install fog lights on the front and rear of their cars.
- Volvo cars are renowned for safety, but they also have a good reputation when it comes to comfort as well. Volvo has worked with orthopaedic surgeons to help with seat design.
- In their first year, Volvo manufactured a very impressive 1,383 vehicles; the Type-1 truck and the PV651. Only 327 of their vehicles were exported in that first year.